Gainesville Leak Detection, Inc: Slab Leak Detection in Gainesville, Florida
Gainesville Leak Detection, Inc is the slab leak detection expert in Gainesville, Florida. Slab leaks are often very difficult to locate and most plumbing companies lack the proper training and equipment needed. Gainesville Leak Detection locates hundreds of slab leaks a year in north central Florida.
Signs that you may have a slab leak:
- If your water bill is much higher then normal and/or if water use is much higher then expected you may have a slab leak.
- If you hear water running in the walls or in your foundation you may have a slab leak.
- If you have fill dirt that has washed out from underneath your home you may have a slab leak.
Often times slab leaks start off invisible to the naked eye and increase rapidly over the course of days and weeks. Slab leaks have the ability to cause severe water and mold damage to your home in a matter of days. Slab leaks can compromise your home’s foundation by pushing the fill dirt out from underneath, causing expensive structural issues.
Gainesville Leak Detection offers leak detection service using non-invasive leak detection methods utilizing the latest technology in thermal imaging cameras, acoustic and line tracing equipment. This equipment allows us to locate the water leak without having to remove building materials which mitigates further damage to your property.
Gainesville Leak Detection specializes in the insurance claims handling process from documentation of slab leak location, slab leak repair and water damage restoration repairs. Gainesville Leak Detection Inc will invoice your insurance company directly and provide detailed documentation using photos and video. Slab leak repairs and resulting damage are often times covered by homeowners insurance and at we specialize in this process.
If you believe you have a slab leak, plumbing leak or other water damage, call Gainesville Leak Detection today at 352-246-8667.
Hidden Plumbing Leaks Gainesville Florida: North central Florida has a chronic issue with hidden plumbing leaks known as “slab leak” which is failure of copper plumbing line located within the foundation of a home. Often times slab leaks will take years to develop usually 15 -20 years. Slab leaks will start off with a hole in the copper line invisible to the eye and in a matter of weeks or days the hole can grow to be the size of a B B. Slab leaks although small in size can cause severe damage to residential & commercial buildings. Oftentimes slab leaks are undetected for weeks which leads to hidden water damage and mold damage to interior wall cavities and behind Cabinets. Mold will start to grow after 72 hours of water damage occurrence. Mold usually thrives in damp dark places like water damaged wall cavities. Slab leaks generally lead to mold damage we find that 50 % of mold remediation projects are caused by a hidden plumbing leak “slab leak”.
Usually slab leaks are detected by a homeowner receiving a high water bill or a random damp spot in the center of a room in the carpet. Slab leaks can be very difficult to locate most plumbing companies lack the experience and tools to locate a slab leak leaving slab leak location to true leak detection experts. Leak detection for slab leaks is performed by filling the plumbing lines with helium gas and listening for the leak using high tech sonar guided equipment. Once slab leak is detected usually within inches of the failed copper plumbing line licensed plumbing company can begin the repair. In order to repair a slab leak the plumber must break the concrete slab where the leak was detected and located the failed plumbing line “very messy”. Once the failed copper plumbing line is located the plumber will cut the line remove the section of the pipe that has the hole and replace with new pipe. Often times these repairs are covered by homeowners insurance with the exception of the repair to actual pipe so usually 80 % of the repair is covered by insurance company and the other 20 percent is covered by the insured homeowner. Once the slab leak is repaired usually the repair will hold up but the chances of getting another slab leak are always good due to the age of the copper pipes and the amount of lime rock deposits within thew water supply in North Central Florida.
If the slab leak has caused severe damage to the structure such as water damage or mold damage homeowners insurance will be responsible for the cost of repairing the damage. Often times slab leaks will lead to mold damage under wood flooring or carpet. If mold damage has occurred licensed mold damage professional should be contacted. Mold damage can be very expensive and often times insurance companies only cover up to 10,000.00